Run for the Pasig River 11.20.20116
Last year, the Philippines broke the Guinness World Record for the Biggest Foot Race during the 10.10.10 Run For Pasig River where 116,086 runners participated in support for the preservation of the Pasig River. Now, ABS CBN Foundation’s Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig (KBPIP) advocacy is set to break its own Guinness World Record through this year’s biggest eco-foot race “11.20.2011 Run for the Pasig River” where they target to have 150,000 runners to participate. RFID tags will be attached to race bibs this time for easier and automatic counting of runners as they cross the finishline.
Run for the Pasig River 11.20.2011 Race Details:
When: November 20, 2011
Where: SM Mall of Asia (Finish Point)
3K and 5K – PHP 300
10K – PHP 450
For Students (Must present valid ID) – PHP 150
Online Registration Starts on September 10, 2011 @ http://runforthepasigriver.com/
Run for the Pasig River 11.20.2011 Rules and Regulations:
1. All Participants are required to complete and sign the Official Entry form containing the requisite Waiver/Release declaration. Submission of the signed Official Entry form or participation in the race as a registered Participant (even in the absence of a genuine signature in the Official Entry form) shall serve as conclusive confirmation of:
a. the Participant’s consent to the Waiver/Release printed in the Official Entry form
b. the Participant’s agreement to abide by the rules and regulations of “A Run for the Pasig River, 11.20.2011”
2. While every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizers to ensure the Participants’ safety, it is understood that Participants run at their own risk and the Organizers shall be not be responsible or held liable for any injury, disability or death arising from training or occurring during participation in the race.
Participants are strongly encouraged to undergo medical check-ups and/or consult medical practitioners prior to registration and before the actual race day.
3. Participants must wear the assigned Bib Number on his/her chest. Participants who are not wearing their Bib Number will be taken off the course by security officers.
4. Partial Road Closure will be lifted after two and a half (2.5) hours from the commencement of the race. Participants will then continue on the footpath at their own risk.
5. A Participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Directors, and Security Officers.
6. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no entry fee refund for Participants who for whatever reason, do not eventually take part in the “A Run for the Pasig River, 11.20.2011“.
7. There will be no entry fee refund if the event is cancelled on account of force majeure or for causes beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers.
8. The Organizers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings or any other media records of the “A Run for the Pasig River, 11.20.2011” for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising, without giving monetary consideration to any Participant.
9. The Organizers reserve the right to limit and/or refuse entries without giving any reason without prior notice.
10. The Organizers will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
11. Race routes may be subject to changes for safety and traffic reasons without prior notice.
12. Race category and race entry are strictly non-transferable.
13. Participants who commence before the actual start time of his/her Race will be disqualified.
14. Participants under 18 years must have the waiver signed by a parent.
15. There will be NO AWARDS, PRIZES or RECOGNITION given to Top Finishers in all categories.
16. For all other Participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in a written format, including electronic mail. Organizers reserve the rights to not entertain any dispute or appeal after 24 hours.
17. The Organizers reserves the right to require the Participant to present official documents necessary to support the disputes or appeals made.
18. The organizers decision is final
Run for the Pasig River 11.20.2011 Race Maps:
Run for the Pasig River 11.20.2011 FAQ’s
1. Do you have on-site registration?
- No, there will be no on-site registrations. Every participant must have pre-registered.
2. This is another attempt to break the world record. How do you intend to count everyone?
- Each participant will have an RFID chip attached to the race bib. This chip will be read when the participant crosses the starting line and also when the participant crosses the finish line. As per Guinness’ World Records requirements, a participant must be counted at the start line AND at the finish line, so it is very important that a participant not miss crossing the starting line.
3. Where is the proper placement of the bib to ensure that it will be read?
- The best and proper placement of the bib is pinned on the front of shirt or singlet at the chest area or along the waist when using a race belt.
4. What do I do aside from showing up at the start area once I get my race packet?
- Your race bib number corresponds to an RFID chip that will be used to identify you. To officially activate your race bib number, you are advised to log on to the official website using your race bib number and the corresponding security number which is found on the bib as well. Fill out the online form with your details and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process. The process should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
5. Is there a baggage deposit for our bags?
- No, there will be no baggage deposit. Everyone is encouraged to bring a small unobtrusive belt bag, or the like, to store their personal belongings.
6. Are there portalets along the course?
- Yes, portalets will be provided at the start areas, along the course, the finish area and at the activity area.
7. Are there water stations along the course? How many? How far in between?
- Yes, there will be water stations spread out along the course for every kilometer. However, to make this a truly environmental-conscious event, participants are encouraged to bring their own water containers and to just refill at the designated water stations.
8. Aside from water, do you have energy drinks being offered at the water stations?
- Only water will be provided at the water stations.
9. Where can we park our vehicles?
- Designated parking areas are available. Please refer to the location maps provided in the race packet for more details. However, to lessen the volume of vehicles on the event day, everyone is encouraged to leave their personal vehicles at home and to commute or arrange a carpool in going to the event venue.
10. Will there be shuttle services to the starting line & where is/are the pick-up point/s?
- There will be limited shuttle service to ply certain routes. Please refer to the location maps provided in the race packet for details of the pick up points. However, considering the volume of people expected during the event, everyone is advised to have alternate plans in getting around.
11. Will there be shuttle services from MOA back to CCP, P. Gil or EDSA MRT stations?
- There will also be limited shuttle services from the finish area going back to the start areas to assist those who brought private vehicles and parked there. However, in anticipation of the possible volume of people who might be availing of the service, everyone is advised to still have alternate plans in getting there.
12. Are there free bus rides or MRT rides for participants just like last year?
- As of this printing, arrangements for this have not yet been finalized. Please visit the official website for updates on this.
13. Is there a medal, token or certificate for the finishers?
- There will be a token and certificate for all the participants. There will be no medals.
14. Are there cash prizes for the winners?
- This is going to be a pure advocacy fun run. There will be no winners. As such, no cash prizes.
15. What are clusters? How will I know my cluster assignment?
- Clusters are a means to provide order at the starting areas. Cluster assignments and related details will be published at the official website. Please visit the site for updates on this.
16. If I am not a member of any group, can I just run with any cluster that I want?
- Clusters are a means to provide order at the starting areas. Your race number will have a corresponding pre-designated cluster assignment. Cluster assignments and related details will be published at the official website. Please visit the site for updates on this.
17. If I got there but wasn’t able to reach the starting line on time, can I just enter the course at any point and still be considered a finisher?
- Everyone is encouraged to come on time. Should you arrive late, you are still advised to go thru the starting line to be officially counted and considered a finisher.
18. Are there directional signs and marshals along the course?
- There will be ample directional signs and marshals along the course.
19. Are there ambulances and medics during the event?
- There will be ample ambulances and medics during the event.
20. Are pets allowed in the race?
- Pets are not allowed in the race.
For more information, you may visit: http://runforthepasigriver.com/
Related terms: run for pasig river 2011, run for pasig river 2011 certificate, ilog pasig fun run 2011, ilog pasig fun run, run for ilog pasig 2011, fun run rules and regulations, run for the pasig river 2011, run for ilog pasig 2011 certificate, pasig fun run, fun run for ilog pasig
You might also like
Over 5,000 Run for a Cause in Cebu One of the biggest running events in Cebu this year It was the first time that the annual charity fun...
2013 a smashing year for PH beauties For the first time, the Philippines finally clinched the elusive Miss World crown when actress-television...
Record field for Alaska IronKids Aside from setting a new mark for the most number of entries in the Ironman 70.3 Philippines, Cebu has...
Rexona Run 2011 One of the biggest and most successful race event last year, the Rexona Run is back as the 4th leg of...