Nike We Run Manila 10K3
It’s your city. Run it! This is Nike’s message to all Filipno runners as they invite everyone to be part of their latest running event called “Nike We Run City”. It is a series of 10K races in multiple cities all over the world. Our local race is called “Nike We Run Manila 10K” that offers a unique running experience with music and running combined. It is going to be a night race which will start at 6:30pm. There will be live performances from popular Pinoy bands, Chicosci and Parokya ni Edgar after the race. Nike We Run Manila 2011 is the 3rd city in Southeast Asia and one of the 15 cities around the world that will participate in the Nike We Run City.
Nike We Run Manila 10K Race Details:
When: October 15, 2011 @ 5PM
Where: Bonifacio Global City
Organizer: Nike, Runrio
Nike We Run Manila 10K Registration Details:
Registration Period: September 5, 2011 until supplies last
Nike We Run Manila 10K Registration Fee:
Under 25 yrs old – PhP 750.00
25 yrs old & above – PhP 1,000.00
With a Buddy (2 People) – PhP 1,300.00
Nike We Run Manila 10K Registration Centers:
- Nike Park Fort
- RunnR Bonifacio High Street
- Shangri-la Plaza
- Online through www.facebook.com/NikeRunningPH
- Selected universities
Nike We Run Manila 10K Categories:
1. Women’s Under 25 – For women aged 24 years and below on the race day
2. Men’s Under 25 – For men age 24 years and below on the race day
3. Women’s Open – Open to women of all ages
4. Men’s Open – Open to men of all ages
5. School Challenge – School Team Category – Colleges and Universities
Nike We Run Manila 10K Prizes for Winners:
Men’s & Women’s Open Category
1st – PhP15,000 cash + PhP15,000 Nike voucher
2nd – PhP9,000 cash + PhP9,000 Nike voucher
3rd – PhP6,000 cash + PhP6,000 Nike voucher
Men’s & Women’s Under 25 Category
1st – PhP20,000 Nike voucher
2nd – PhP15,000 Nike voucher
3rd – PhP10,000 Nike voucher
Winner will win PhP100,000 cash + PhP50,000 Nike voucher
Nike We Run Manila 10K Run Buddy Run Nike+ Challenge:
In the spirit of WE RUN, Nike will launch the Run Buddy Run Nike+ Challenge to celebrate the motivational aspect of running with a buddy! Running has long been referred to as a personal endeavour, but despite the individual nature of the sport, running is an intensely communal pursuit too. The Run Buddy Run Nike+ Challenge takes on the idea of run clubs, training groups and community to broaden the appeal of physical running into the virtual world. Driven through Nike Running Philippines Facebook page and the Nike+ platform, the challenge will see pairs of run buddies race it out to win a VIP Race Day Experience at the We Run Manila 10K, and other Nike prizes.
Challenge mechanics below:
1. Visit Nike Running Philippines Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NikeRunningPH and check out the WE RUN MANILA 10K tab.
2. Click on RUN BUDDY RUN and sign up with your run buddy.
3. Once you’ve joined the challenge with your run buddy, lace up your running shoes and hit the road!
4. Sync your KMs to Nike+ and follow the daily leader board updates on the Nike Running Philippines Facebook page.
Nike We Run Manila 10K Rules & Regulations:
1. All participants must submit their entries and payment online through the website below:
2. All entries are based on a first-come first-serve basis unless otherwise stated
3. Registration for the event is open to all Filipinos and Foreigners of age 16 years (as of 15 October 2011) and above on Race Day. Participants below the age of 18 years (as of 15 October 2011) are required to print out and fill in the Indemnity form found in the registration page. This form is to be returned to the Organizer during Race Pack Collection. Participants who fail to submit the Indemnity form will not be allowed to participate on Race Day.
4. Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of entry fees for those who, for whatever reason, eventually do not take part.
5. Completion of the registration form is an indication of the participant’s agreement to abide by the rules and regulations of the Nike We Run Manila 10K.
6. Participants are eligible to take part in the following categories:
· Men’s & Women’s Under 25 (24 years old and below as of 15.10.11)
· Men’s & Women’s 25 years old & Above (Open to all participants 25 years old and above as of 15.10.11)
7. Entry fee is as follows:
Entry fee for 1 person:
· PhP750.00 (24 years old and below as of 15.10.11)
· PhP1,000.00 (25 years old and above as of 15.10.11)
Entry fee for 2 people:
· PhP1,300.00 (24 years old and below as of 15.10.11)
· PhP1,300.00 (25 years old and above as of 09.10.11)
8. The school in each category that has the most number of registered runners from the school completing the Nike We Run Manila 10K race will win.
9. For the school team challenge prize money and vouchers, the organizers will contact the school teacher in-charge / head of department to hand over the prizes for dissemination to the school runners.
10. Race entry is not transferable. Those who are found running with an unauthorized race tee will be disqualified.
11. All participants must bring along the confirmation slip or confirmation number together with their Valid ID with photo (school, employee, SSS, TIN, Driver’s License, Passport) to collect their race pack. The Race Pack Collection venue will be in Bonifacio High Street (in front of Runnr) from October 11 to 13, 2011.
12. The Nike We Run Manila 10K race tee must be worn at all times during the race. No running with bare torso is allowed or without the Nike We Run Manila 10K race event tee. Failure to comply will result in the runners’ disqualification from the race. Officials reserve the right to prevent a participants’ continuation in the race should they fail to comply.
13. Change in sizes during collection of the race event tee is strictly NOT allowed. Participants must adhere to the race event tee sizes that they have registered for.
14. Participants who begin before the actual start time of his/her race category will be disqualified. Runners who do not start within 10 minutes from respective flag off will be disqualified and may not be allowed to start.
15. “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners. Elite runners are advised to stay in the front.
16. Participants must run on the designated path for the entire route. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
17. Participants who are walking are required to keep to the right side of the lane so as not to cause obstruction to other runners.
18. No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers are allowed on the course other than official race, media and medical vehicles.
19. Parts of the race route on the event day will be closed to traffic. Please refer to the official road advisory in the official race guide for specific road closure timings.
20. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizers to ensure the participants’ safety, participants partake in this event at their own risks and the Organizers, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise and howsoever arising.
21. The Organizers reserve the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
22. The Organizers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after delay, the Organizers reserve the right to cancel the race without any refund.
23. The Organizers shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
24. The Organizers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
25. The Organizers reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
26. Determining the winners of the race.
a. As soon as the leading runner crosses the finish line, a spotter will ask him/her for his/her name.
b. The finish line marshal keeps a manual record of who actually arrived at the finish line first, second, third and so on. This is to make sure that there is a back up on the record of who the top finisher of the race and the names of the winner are known.
c. This record is now compared with the actual timing systems results. Any discrepancy is checked with the timing data, database entry, interview results and course marshal observation. Timing data, spotter interview and course marshal inputs in this order are the priorities being considered to make the final decision.
d. The result is then finalized based on the findings.
e. The official’s decision is considered final.
27. Eligibility to win the prizes.
a. If runner is an officially registered participant on the particular race distance he/she finished.
b. Runner finished the complete racecourse without help from any vehicle, motorized or mechanical.
c. Runner started the race with the correct group and start location.
d. If runner has a start or “gun time”, split and finish time.
e. Sponsors have the option to reward the winners with cash and/or non-cash prizes.
28. The Organizers reserve the right to provide winners with attire to be worn on the winner’s podium. Winners will have to wear the given attire; failure to do so may result in disqualification.
29. For disputes on race results, only appeals in writing submitted to the organizers within 30 minutes after the official results announcement will be accepted. A deposit of Php 2,000.00 will be refunded if the appeal is successful. The Organizers’ decision will be final.
30. The Organizers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
For More Information:
Visit www.facebook.com/NikeRunningPH or follow Nike on twitter via @NikePH
Globe – 0916-570-9220 or 0906-223-7330
Smart – 0929-717-8164 or 0947-532-3737
Related terms: nike fun run 2012, nike fun run 2012 philippines, nike fun run, WWW WERUNMANILA10K COM/ENTRYCODE, nike run 2012 philippines, nike marathon 2012 philippines, nike run manila 2012, nike run philippines 2012, nike fun run philippines, nike run 2012 manila
You might also like
Suze Orman and her message to Filipinos Suze Orman is probably the most recognized personality in the world when it comes to personal finance,...
Runners pooh-pooh chilly morning, join Sunday’s Manila fun run Just before the first glimmer of sunshine, in chilly early dawn, families, friends, couples, kids and...
Color Manila to usher in 2013 running events MANILA, Philippines - Proactive Sports and KangaROOS, the original shoes with pockets, kicks off next...
AmCham Foundation supports Pinoy scholars in fun run By Alexander VillafaniaTAGUIG CITY, METRO MANILA – The recently held “Run for A Scholar” running...